This course will prepare online students to employ skills needed for effective communication both personally and professionally. It will also provide techniques to manage stress and control emotions.
The course is presented in two semesters.
Semester 1 focuses on communication skills, including communicating effectively and in difficult situations.
Semester 2 focuses on managing stress and emotions; including stress and its impact, emotional intelligence, anger management, and conflict resolution.
Home Care Professional I
- Home Care Professional II: Semester 1 Pretest
- Communication Overview
- Verbal Communication
- Verbal Business Communication
- Written Communication
- Written Business Communication
- Nonverbal Communication
- Communication Styles and Interpersonal Communication
- Effective Communication
- Active Listening
- Assertive vs. Aggressive Communication
- Communicating in Difficult Situations
- Difficult Behaviors in the Workplace
- Negativity and Power Struggles at Work
- Working with Procrastinators and Untrustworthy People
- Communicating by Telephone
- Networking for Success
- Home Care Professional II: Semester 1 End of Semester Exam
- Home Care Professional II: Semester 2 Pretest
- What is Stress?
- Signs and Symptoms of Stress
- Sources of Stress
- Techniques for Managing Stress
- Anxiety and Stress
- Mindset and Stress
- Stress and Values Clarification
- Stress at Work
- Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Emotional Intelligence Skills
- Understanding Anger
- Anger Cycle
- Anger Management
- Conflict Basics
- Conflict Resolution
- Addressing Violent Situations
- Home Care Professional II: Semester 2 End of Semester Exam